In Baby G news, I am 26 weeks and feeling great. I do have to say that sleep is getting harder and harder for me though. We bought that ridiculous long c-shaped pillow to help with sleeping and Kyle hates it! It has been helping although I laugh every time I get into bed and try and position it just right.
We went back home for the week to celebrate Baby G with my friends and family and I had the best time. I really miss home. Let's be honest, Southern California really is one of the best places to live. With that being said, Vancouver is a beautiful city and I am beyond thankful my husband was given such an amazing opportunity here. And let me tell you, he is thriving. I have never seen him so happy with what he is doing and who is surrounded by at work. One day we'll be back home and it will seem like no time has passed, but I know to take advantage of all the awesome things this city and country has to offer.
Kyle and I also celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary on 11/12. He made us reservations at one of my favorite restaurants, but I was too tired to go out so it was a stay in and order Chinese and dim-sum kinda night. We did make it to Fleetwood Mac the other night though! Kyle got us floor seats a while ago and it was epic. They played for three straight hours and had two encores. It really was one of the best shows I have seen. Christine McVie is also back with the band after something like 19 years so it made it that much more special.
Lastly, my old man Cody turned 13 years old. He has been the best, sweetest, most patient dog I have ever owned. He has a hard time getting around these days but we have him on some good meds that really help. He's famous on our street and all the kids love him. Every time they see him, they want to take the leash and walk him around or just sit with him on the sidewalk and pet him until he rolls on his back. I am so thankful he will at least have a couple of years with our little girl and cannot imagine him not being around. Hug your pups close and give them a big 'ol kiss - they truly are our best friends.
And as always, here is what me and Baby G rocked out to on our mini-road trip to Washington a couple of weeks back:
- The Mutaytor - Family Business (If you know, then you know).
- The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
- Book Of Love - Boy
- Don't Think Twice, It's All Right - Bob Dylan (OK, this isn't a dancy tune at all, but I will never skip a Bob Dylan song).
- Goodbye To You - Scandal
- I Was A Teenage Anarchist - Against Me (Again, not dancy but it's a damn good song).
- Jay Z- On The Run (feat Beyonce)
- Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out
- Prince - I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man
- Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place (One of my favorite songs of all time).
- Uncertain Smile - The The (I reallllllllly love 80's music as you can tell. This is another favorite of all time. The piano solo is everything.)
Here are my favorite shots from the past few weeks:
The friendship between my brothers and Kyle is pretty awesome. Here's Scotty and Kyle with little Lukie. He loves his Uncle Ky Ky.
Like Father, Like Daughter. Always.
She got some much needed beach time.
I still remember the first IN-N-OUT that went up in our neighborhood. I could have had this everyday.
Two of my best friends, my love, Pops and Anna!
I am so blessed to have these friends.
My best friend and "Patna".
I have so much love for these girls. Thank you for a beautiful shower!
My beautiful mom. To say she is excited is a huge understatement.
My cousin Kelly. I was so happy to see her.
My cousin Kristina-my rock these past two years.
It really doesn't get much better than this family right here.
Yes, we have little birthday parties for our dogs.
Fleetwood Mac selfie shot.
And since we just celebrated our three year, here's a flashback of my favorite candid shots from our wedding.
I love these because I remember what was happening in each shot:
1. The funniest toast during dinner from the Best Man.
2. Stealing a kiss right after we walked down the isle and all the madness started. Kyle just said. "Holy shit, we did it! I love you."
3. The end of the night just taking a second to breathe.
4. My dad giving the best father-of-the bride toast ever. He had everyone in tears and laughing at the same time. This was the moment he dedicated to my step-mom, grandmother and Kyle's brother all who were watching the day from above. I had a lump in my throat and Kyle had tears in his eyes, it was such a special moment. He has always had a way with words and commanding a room full of people.