Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Indulge In My Immaturity-Get A Big Tip.

As I mentioned a post or two ago, Kyle and I are on a quest to try out all of the local spots in our neighborhood that have been recommended by friends or received great reviews on Yelp and Urban Spoon.

Saturday we ventured out to a spot in East Van that I have been wanting to try for a while, Kyle had a bit of a hangover so anything greasy sounded good to him.

Now I can go on and on about how great the food was, how the truffle-lemon hash browns were insanely good or how Kyle was ordering "Man mosas" which is a hefeweizen-style beer and fresh squeezed OJ. But that is not the only reason I will come back to this place.  It was our server, "Lara".

Halfway through breakfast Kyle noticed people eating little pastry's with powdered sugar and asked me what they were. "Oh those are beignets, we should order some." By time we were done we were so full, but I had to have one and of course have Kyle try them.  I asked "Lara" who had been making all of my decisions for me this morning if she could get us just two instead of a whole order. Kyle reminded me that I first called them  BIN-YETS, then as I ordered them, called them BIN-YAYS. Our server said she liked to call them big nuts. I laughed so hard I nearly choked on my water, and by water I mean mimosa.

I tried to get a picture of Kyle dipping these lovely little powdered sugar covered treats in the caramel sauce because it just looked funny to me.  Not sure why, it just made me giggle to see my manly husband eating these dainty little things.

When the bill came I about fell out of my chair when instead of seeing "beignets" on the bill I saw "bignuts". She was already getting a big tip, but she just doubled it.

Too many people take things too seriously and it's nice to be able to laugh at ridiculous things and not be so damn PC all the time.  So to "Lara", thank you for making us laugh-especially on a weekend when a good laugh was needed.

~Mrs G.


From our bill it looks like we really like bacon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them here!